Join Cape Town Birth Photographers
Cape Town Birth Photographers is a network of professional birth photographers in and around Cape Town who share a mutual passion for the art of birth.
Our association has both experienced professionals and those who are starting out to help build a stronger birth photography community in Cape Town through workshops, meetings, a private whatsapp group and a facebook page.
It is our mission to spread the beauty of birth and elevate the art of the birth experience. We do this by offering resources and information to expectant parents in order to help them find their ideal birth photographer.
How to become a member
- Applicants must possess a South African ID
- Applicants must have a business website or business Facebook page
- Have a clear understanding of the Code of Conduct (you will need to sign a copy for record purposes)
Must not be offering birth photography services concurrent with other birth services. Doulas or midwives may offer after-birth photography and doula services together or stand-alone birth photography services, but may not market or offer doula and birth photography services at the same time. (The purpose of this requirement is to standardize the expectations of clients using the directory that they will be hiring a photographer focusing all of their attention on photographing their birth.)
Included in our one year listing
- Contact information and a feature on the CTBPA website annually
- Social media mentions (Facebook, Instagram) about your business and your work
- Access to our private whatsapp and facebook group to share, ask your questions and inspire others
- Regular in-person gatherings
- CTBPA logo to display on your website and facebook page
- Membership card including your photo and contact information
- Annual fee of R450 per year